Blog Archive

Thursday, December 25, 2008

WIMPY WOMEN DURING DIVORCE - GET OVER THE "PUPPY HEART" SYNDROME

Questions to JUDGE

Letter from Lorri

Judge, I’m a 38 year old woman with 3 children and I’m getting a divorce. My husband has moved out and has his corvette in the garage. It is in pieces. He says he can’t move it until he puts it back together but he rarely finishes projects. We have debts and he doesn’t have a bank account or a steady job. He quit his job at a car dealership when creditors tried to garnish his wages. He now hauls cars for a living and gets paid in cash. I have to park my car outside and the creditors are coming after me for his debts that he left for me. I’m planning on giving him more time. What should I do?


The RIGHT ANSWER:
Put a new lock on the garage. Do not negotiate. Make a plan to get rid of the corvette/parts for cash. Put the cash against the loan. Make a plan that doesn’t include HIM. If he gets his hands on the corvette parts, he will sell them and keep the money. If he says he will put the car together, don’t believe him or let him. If he says he can get more money than you could for the parts, don’t let it go that way… he WON”T get it done so some money is better than NONE on the bills. Don’t listen to him. TELL him you are going to do it for one reason… he has to come up with CASH to give to you for loans..not payments…lump sum…. And he can take the parts after you get the cash.


Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: