Blog Archive

Friday, December 26, 2008

MISS ASIA PAGEANT, GRACIA BARNUM, AND TWO MARRIED WOMEN - WAS I GUILTY?

From November 03, 2007 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk

Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.


Miss Asia Pageant here in town. Through some contacts I have who happen to be Asian. Neighbors leaving driveway in unison with neighbors. Eventually yells..where are you going??


There was no bikini contest at the pageant. There was no consoling the non-winners after the contest. But there were the two lady judges who sat to either side of me.


To my left was a foreign looking lady. Arabic I guess but very very very Americanized. She had a butch hair cut, lovely dark eyes, smooth clean complexion, lips with a dark red lipstick, and in a business womans suit.


And she had a dis-orientated look on her face. Very little confidence. Wasn’t sure how to do the judging. Wasn’t sure if they had her biography for her introduction. Wasn’t sure who’s water at the judging table was who’s. Always was tugging at my arm to ask questions…


I assured her with my voice and answers, I assured her that we would adapt to whatever would come our way that evening. I assured her I was the MAN and the security in her life the next several hours.


To my right was a girl next door (but about 40 years old) she was wearing a normal middle class go-to-church allpurpose dress. She had expressive eyes, very little makeup, and simply prepared long hair. And she was FUN. She was a blast.


With an eye for the peculiar and the brain for the twisted thought, she was tugging and tugging at me with her clever thoughts about what she was observing on the stage. She was watching to see my reactions to things on the stage. I tested it. I moved in a focused way to observe things and her head would swivel very quickly to connect with me on whatever I was reacting to…. There was such a strong and comfortable connection on an attraction level and on a fun and intellectual level…..


THIS is what I am looking for… THIS is AWESOME!!!! Her Husband wasn’t there… that’s right. THIS IS NOT what I’m looking for. She IS married. He wasn’t there that night. But for sure, she is not available, is not looking, and is not what I’m looking for.


How dare I have such a great time for the whole world to see. You need to understand something else… the chairs… the chairs at the judges table were far apart. I suppose so we wouldn’t cheat while judging.


When the lady on the left was tugging at my arm, she had to LEAN almost out of her chair to reach me and get her head near me so she could speak. I leaned some as well.


When the lady to my right eagerly tugged at my right arm to speak to me she had to lean almost out of her chair to share her clever and humorous observations. If I just glanced her way without saying anything yet, she would lean awkwardly far to get near me incase I had something to say…


To everyone who might be watching, it must have been hilarious. To me, I was very amused, both by the dueling attention and how it might appear to the crowd. I really don’t chase married women. It’s just wrong.


Yes I was dressed nicely and yes I had snubbed Gracia Barnum when she asked why I was qualified to be a judge. Gracia Barnum is from Wichita and was a captured missionary. Her husband was killed but she was spared. She now does some speaking about the experience and I’ve seen her speak at churches. She was offering to get me some dinner and bring it to me but I really don’t like the ‘who are you’? ‘are you someone important’? should I spend my time talking with YOU? … kind of attitude…


anyway… the ladies and I had a good time, for that time….was it time and affection taken away from their husbands? I’m not sure. I’d rather have my own… when there is a good one that comes along, life will be even more secure than the care I took of the lady on my left and even more of a blast than I had with the married lady on my right. I’ll be darn…another moral of the story by Judge Wyld. :)


What would YOU do? Feel Bad for delighting a married woman? Comments?


Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD


No comments: