Blog Archive

Thursday, December 25, 2008

SINGLE MOTHERS GET A BACKBONE FROM JUDGE WYLD

From March 15, 2008 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk

Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.

SINGLE MOTHERS GET A BACKBONE FROM JUDGE WYLD

Sometimes people don’t like Judge Wyld speaking to them. Some of them can’t handle it. Sometimes talk that INSPIRES people is still too much for the weak… for those who can’t look at themselves. I have fun in all I do and that means even in a spirited debate.

Some want to start calling names? Play all passive aggressive with the JUDGE? I dish it back twice as thick for shock and awe….. or I turn my back as if they don’t even matter….

But why in the world would I turn my back on them… Isn’t that what polite society has done to them already? Isn’t that why someone who truly cares will step up and challenge them.

There is one divorced lady in New Jersey…right now… who is turning her life around… years ago in her early twenties she had started a nursing program…. She quit it when she was married. Then divorced, but stayed in a rut.

A few years ago She found Judge long distance. Never met him and still has never met him. She thought that he would come running to meet the part time lunch lady at a New Jersey elementary school. She would send photos… normal photos… she would think we were friends… and some guy would rush to be with the lunch lady…tator tots… French fries… dishing out corn…..

There would be no judgment if that is all she was capable of…. For her….. I have no idea how she paid her bills… I wasn’t going to send anything… why should I? She never asked. Even so why would she expect anyone to travel to see her? How many people in New Jersey? How many lunch ladies??

When I was on the road to visit family for the weekend. I’d call her to kill time while driving… She didn’t seem to know much about how beef came from cows… but she did know some of the in’s and out’s of politics and current events….

She had a huge character issue about letting her ex husband run not only his household with his new wife and kids but HER household and her son….

Seems that her life was never going to get on track. There is no way you’d advise a man to go run into that situation. So I told her straight.
Are you always going to be a lunch lady???

Are you showing your son how to be all you can be?
Are you showing your son that a man controls his ex wife’s life?

If you can’t get your life on a better path then too bad for you…but you are showing NOTHING good to your son and you are a BAD MOTHER…. She'd rationalized as a victim and was always, "WHAT can I do?"

Her son wants to go to his friends house instead of studying. The son tells her what to do in her own place. When he wants to show up at home. Comes and goes as he wants to… "but he’s such a gooooood kid. "

Time to get a mothers backbone. Time to get an ex wifes backbone. Time to get a backbone against your own cowardness to go do something in your life….
I was going to find out if she was LAZY. Worthless. I had no interest in her except to make a difference in her life. Finally have someone tell her she was WRONG. She didn’t like to hear it…

I became more direct and let her be as mad as she wanted but I didn’t have to be crucified for caring enough to keep the subject infront of her!!! When she calmed down to listen; after her accusations at me of how mean I am. I didn’t let her change it around…

I kept asking what she might do with her life. I sent her to the library to look things up. Real estate agent, insurance saleswoman, para-educator, ……she said nurses aid…. Etc…. so she went to the library…

I gave advice about college assistance and she went to the college to sit down and discuss it. I took away all of her excuses and sent her on her way… and sent her an old digital camera to be accountable… take photos of EVERYTHING…

AND to approach the entire journey with the goal of someday being someone who is going to teach other ladies someday that THEY can make something better of their life.

Mad a Judge for doing this? Comments?

Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: