Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

NEW PROJECT PAIN IN BUTT - LOTS OF FUN SECOND TIME

From September 08, 2007 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk
Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.


Did you ever have a week that was hijacked by something unplanned??? This week did NOT go as planned…


This week did not work out the way I thought it would. A month ago a garage door opener stopped working. The actual motor unit that moves the garage door up and down stopped working…. No problem.. I didn’t use that side of the garage much anyway… no big deal…don’t sweat the small stuff…..


But Tuesday night I brought the dog around from the kennel out back to the front of a garage and the OTHER garage door opener on that garage broke… rats… this is serious. I use that garage door daily…


so I put the dog away and went to LOWES and bought two garage door openers. I asked if they’d install two for cheaper than twice the price of one… NO… so I didn’t let them.


When I arrived home, I dragged a neighbor over and asked what he’d charge to install the garage door openers… he didn’t want any money but he didn’t want to install them either… rats. since previously I had paid him for building a privacy fence around part of the property… He did a great job… anyway…


He said he’d help some other night for free and we’d just get the job done together… rats…


I wanted it done NOW. So I changed clothes and set out to piecing one of the openers together. With the zillions of tools I have from working on the race car for years, I had no problem finding the oversized, overpowered, tools to assemble a garage door opener…


It only took 4 hours the first night to get …. Halfway done…. And only 3 hours the next night to finish up… two nights shot…. So the third night… I started installing the second garage door opener… took three breaks… and finished in 2.5 hours.


And that’s how it works… try something new. Even if your friends aren’t doing it. Do it once.. follow it through…and then do it again… with confidence… even if your friends aren’t doing it… develop your talents, use them… Life is good…


Oh but wait… I had over 110 pieces left over… bolts, screws, cotter pins, nuts, all sorts of things. I figure the bag of leftovers from both garage door openers weighs about 5 lbs… Doesn't matter... the garage door openers work just fine 5 lbs lighter.


Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: