Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

FRIDAY FACTORY WHISTLE DRINKING DRIVING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND

From March 22, 2008 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk


Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.

Friday night factory whistle…. Drinking driving home.

I want to know…. Do you drink and drive on the way home after a long week???

The weekend… rushing out for the weekend. The end of the week.. no overtime at the factory. Building clothes hangers, building screendoors, building cars, building industrial equipment, slaughtering cattle, building cars, building planes.

Five 8 hour days… 5 10 hour days, Five 12 hour days… the WEEKEND…….

I was following a car from an industrial area last night… I found it amusing that the pick up truck in front of me was very very careful…. 5 miles an hour under speedlimit… careful changing lanes. Excellent turn signal way ahead of a turn off ramp that no one signals for. Flips the signal from right to left way ahead of the area for merging…. Straddled the dashed lane marker… I was careful…. I was amused… He was soooooooooooooo careful… I went around.

3 weeks ago…same area….same time… I was passing an old time tired out small car… it was buzzing along with a loud little muffler…. I glance over… guy… bottle…. Drinking… not a can or a soda bottle… not a plastic bottle… and no …not a beer bottle… I glanced… a tequila bottle.. a wavy look to the bottle, squared up, long thin bottle…. Lemon lime greenish liquid in a tequila bottle. He tipped it up higher than level… it was almost gone…. I double take’d…

Then, a truck trailor… in front about 20 yards in front of me… boom…blew a tire. Dirt from truck made dirt cloud…tire pieces. Check mirror so I won't get rear ended if I put on my brakes…

Have you followed drinkers in the afternoon? Friday??? Highway? Divided highway? Seen them drinking? How about throwing the bottle or can out the window? Swerving?

I turned down three drinks the other night…after a community meeting. It was later evening…

How about right after work… stopped off at the liquor store after work?… a drive left to go?… what do you think?… in front of you? Beside you? Or are you the one …..

Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: