Saturday, January 3, 2009

THE SINGLES SECRET HOLIDAY PROMISE - TO NOT BE LONELY NEXT HOLIDAY SEASON

From January 03, 2009 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk
Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.


THE SINGLES SECRET PROMISE TO NOT BE LONELY NEXT YEAR


Some of you were sniveling… oooooh poor ole lonely me… very real.. very deep… hurts to be YOU.


For years… 3 years… 8 yrs… maybe 15 years… each year the same… somehow survived Thanksgiving, Run up to Christmas, snacks, church events, music, occupying yourself through the xmas eve, xmas day, etc… and then winching and sliding through new years.


did you spend a lot of money to ease the pain? Did you eat bad foods? Comfort food to ease the pain…what do you call it…your lonely birthday food?.... Did you go to the bars more? More expensive lunches? CALL AND TELL US ….. you are ANONYMOUS…

But what about the secret promise singles make to themselves. A hidden promise…rarely voiced unless it’s in a quiet circle of lonely people. The knitting circle at church. A quiet corner of the office with a few lonely people finding each other… the confidential chat between lady friends at an empathy lunch.

So rarely said… just a quiet interior sobbing promise… with a glint of hope… a slight up lift of the internal organs…the heart… the lunch… a bit lighter as the promise is made….


NEXT YEAR I’LL HAVE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. AN ENTIRE YEAR TO FIND HER OR HIM. AN ENTIRE YEAR!!!

His promise:

This year..now..is the LAST YEAR like THIS... She’ll be pretty, and smart, she’ll like the Christmas things I like. New Years eve she will be at home and light fireworks out in the cold weather with me at midnight and use her empty champagne bottle to drop fireworks in. That’s it… that’s it for guys…

Her promise:

This year..now..is the LAST YEAR like THIS... He’ll go to my church events and Christmas after-work parties with me. He’ll set up the xmas tree while I decorate the fireplace mantel. He’ll go shopping with me for my nieces and nephews presents. My family will love him and he’ll love my family.

We’ll go to a New Years eve party and He’ll kiss me at midnight. He’ll even be wearing that sweater that I bought him. And I’ll be wearing that diamond ring he gave me for Christmas.

NEXT YEAR I’LL HAVE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. AN ENTIRE YEAR TO FIND HER OR HIM. AN ENTIRE YEAR!!!

This year..now..is the LAST YEAR like THIS...

Really? How many years did you think this…promise yourself this… ? Comments?

Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: