Blog Archive

Monday, November 17, 2008

YOUR PRAYER IS WORTHLESS HOPING AND WISHING

PROPOSAL: Why push prayer when you misunderstand it so much?
This topic has not yet been used ON AIR on the Judge Wyld Show... excerpt from future show notes. Notes are a stream of thought; not journalistic or debate notes.

Prayer… I don’t get it…. I understand best Christian wishes… I understand there is a God greater than our understanding. I understand that it’s exciting when you are struggling with bad plans or no plans in your life; that the best plan happens to be laid out in the Bible.


I understand that when news is new and fresh to YOU, you want to tell others… A high bowling score, a high score on a video game, making a big sale of marketing time to a company with a big advertising budget…. …AWESOME…..

I believe in forgiveness under the right circumstance, etc…. But I don’t understand prayer….. I believe in summoning your inner strength and focusing on the right principles that give you that strength. I believe that the BEST source of that strength is from God…. But that summoning of strength is from the individual knowing in the creator…….. I don’t believe you can transfer it through asking God to do something.

You can HOPE. You can WISH. But what is prayer actually doing? Giving God a recipe? Giving God an expectation? A demand? A request? God gave you all you need. Do you doubt that God gave you enough? What MORE are you wanting… oops God you didn’t see this…. Look what happened….. now straighten it out NOW man…. Softening the request doesn’t seem to change your intent…. You still are telling God that when he created the universe, he goofed….. oops… but YOU FOUND THE MISTAKE and are pointing it out to him…… rubbing his nose in it….. smacking him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Do you have thoughts about this? Respond to this Blog.....

Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: