Blog Archive

Sunday, November 30, 2008

MAN MOMENTS: Greatest Moments are TEACHING BOYS. Stay Away Married Women. Bleeding on TOOLS /DNA.

From May 17, 2008 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk

Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.

Man moments... mowing... fuel spewing out of a hose... cracked... went to the race car stuff that should be in the dump... found a hose from a garden sprayer that would work on the lawn mower... cut it off....installed it. Cut finger to the bone...bled on tools but just shook blood off into the grass. Women would spoil that man moment. Blood and grease and dirt go together for MEN. Leave blood on tools. If stolen, can identify tools as yours with DNA tests. Tools and Kids are ours if the DNA matches our DNA.

Man moments... when a woman, smiles and blushes upon seeing you and you know... you know that with in that territory...the female lioness... is allowing the male lion to know that if approached...well.. you know the lions would have some wine and snuggle and such.... but she is married so ignore that...which is itself a man moment to NOT ever encroach in another males territory.

Man moments... tutoring a young man... and have him respond with respect and effort. To talk to a young man and tutor him beyond just math... beyond just fractions... reduce the fraction to it's lowest terms. multiply fractions without regard for the denominators.... convert to common denominators before adding or subtracting...

No male came along and taught me how to pay for college. No one told me it couldn't be done. As a middle schooler I just knew I wanted to go to college and no one paid a dime of it... but me. No one told me that I'd have to side step obstacles... actually I didn't know obstacles existed.

I taught the young men...middle school boys... about hard work at their age for 50 or 60 years of freedom in the worklife... a good job with a good pay, isn't good enough if it means you are punching the clock. Time line...... organize.... they knew math... but went slow...


My man moment this week wasn't the whizzing contest and puffing of chests and barking of voice and choice language arguing with someone about politics.

It was feeling my own heart jump, my voice too loud in the library as I as the student flew through working out a long fraction math problem and as soon as he wrote down the answer on the paper, looked at the multiple choices and marked the answer on the scorecard...

HE WAS OVERJOYED... he knew fractions... he was FAST... and now he was confident...

It was the last day of the school year. and as he told me he was moving to Arkansas to live with his dad and wouldn't be coming back next year. It hurt.

We walked him back most of the way to class. I couldn't show that I'd miss him. I had a man moment of simply wishing him well in an even voice and letting him go. Men do this better than women. It's a man moment.

I went about my day... It's that chance we take, when we do fulfilling things in life. We eventually have to let it go and do something else. Men are better at it than women.

Much better than women at letting go of things and people we love. We men do it because our love for teaching and letting go is greater than our love for ourselves.

Comments?

Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: