Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

DONT USE TURN SIGNALS - SUE AUTO MAKERS TO GET RID OF BLIND SPOTS

From August 18, 2007 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk
Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.


Turn Signals and Spot Mirrors


St. Louis is a busy town. A lot of traffic. I actually used my turn signals there. Normally I don’t use turn signals. I don't want people to know what I’m up to. I don’t need to answer to them. If I want them to know then I’ll use my turn signal.

Spot mirrors. I looooooove spot mirrors. I install them on all of my vehicles except my dirt track cars.


We pretend to want safe cars. We have airbags, we have seat belts, we have safe fuel tanks. We have so many rules for what we can and can not do while we drive.


But the one thing that would have been EASY to require from the manufacturers. Is mirrors that don’t have a blind spot.


You know what a blind spot is right? A place you can’t see from where you are seated. Why do we still have mirrors on vehicles that allow a blindspot. Usually the next lane over left or right and along the backseat doors and trunk. So we spend all this effort to tell kids to turn their heads around to LOOK into the blind spot.


Old people won’t turn their head and they shouldn’t have to.


The convex mirrors (that means the mirrors that bulge out.) They let you know SOMETHING is there. THEN you can hesitate and look closer to see WHAT is there if you care.


Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: