Blog Archive

Sunday, November 30, 2008

PARENTS GROW UP - AND LET YOUR KIDS GROW UP TOO

From July 05, 2008 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk

Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.

Parents hanging on to their kids is selfish.. I have good parents… they raised us and put a lot of sacrifice into us… now they’ve backed off… now means 26 yrs ago. Time to stop burping your baby, time to stop cleaning up their diapers. If you want to make them your best friend? Why? Do you advise people to hang out with someone as their best friend who is 25 yrs younger? How about a 40 yr old with a 15 year old best friend. Get real. Play with someone your own age.

Grow up and realize your kids where at one time your responsibility and now are NOT. Get yourself a life. What does that say if your life is your kids’ lives…. You living for your grand kids? Who told you that you are the one to raise them??? Who??? You couldn’t find a life so you are taking theirs…

I love my parents…. They raised us through the hard times… hard finances…hard time… hard headed kids, hard to let them go make their own way through college?? Yes…but for the kids… not hard for the parents because they trust how they raised us… they raised us RIGHT….

Why don’t you get it?.. I’m happy. I have money. I have freedom. I have gifts that I use in the community… any mother could be proud of me. And I’m proud that my parents have a life…

Visits? Who wants people to visit for days and days?… mom’s love is deep… deep and true.. just not a selfish love… always a giving love…. She has a life.. doesn’t need people staying for weeks.. she wants to get back to her life… whatever it may be…. Don’t stay away too long though.....her heart still jumps with joy to see her kids….

HOW ABOUT YOU? DID YOU LET YOUR KIDS GROW UP? ARE YOU A KID STILL WHINING FOR YOUR YOUTH AT MOMMY's HOUSE? LET ME KNOW... COMMENT!

Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: