Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pianos, Good Old People, Crashing a 60th Wedding Annivesary Party to find Good Women

From Future ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk
Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.

PIANO WEDDING
Judge Wyld found a piano… Mind you… I wasn’t taking a long time to search. I was really hoping one would fall into my lap. Pun intended. So a quick search of craigs list and and voila!!! Several to choose from.

I asked my piano teacher… any advice?? She said, “Don’t get a Spinet.” Evidently there are spinets, consoles, and some other kind. Don’t get a Spinet.
So yes. I am getting a spinet. She also says, don’t call the notes: dots, the clefs; lines, the keys; buttons; and the other things that I call squigglies. So although I deserve it, she refuses to hit me and I insist that she not put little kiddie stickers on my lesson book when I pass the test on each lesson.

I saw these piano advertisements which caused me to be both dubious AND hopeful…and select two: a console one that is 50 miles away and one that is across town. The expensive one is an ‘as is’ come and get it.

The other one was a spinet (cheaper) and would be delivered and tuned. I went to look at the spinet and bought it. The seller was a very old retired pastor and his wife. He gets the pianos from various sources (his grown daughter plays piano and is married to a pastor), He fixes the pianos and has a fix up checklist of 25 items including cleaning the inside and outside of the piano.

His wife played a fancy tune using all of her thin little fingers and then worked on figuring out the tax on the sale. The old man enjoyed hearing what I was going to do with the piano. (learn to play so I can play at a nursing home.) He handed me an invitation to their 60th Wedding Anniversary party.

Should I go to the 60th Wedding Anniversary party? I’m single… where do you go to meet good women?… there is no good place to meet a good woman so any opportunity could hold promise of a a great man like be to cross paths with a good lady.
So I might go to a stranger’s 60th Wedding Anniversary party. Think about it. 4 generations of female possibilities… ok… only three… those in their 80s are off my list.

The piano was delivered on Thursday… The Party is not until next Saturday.

Sincerely, JUDGE WYLD

No comments: