Sunday, January 18, 2009

OUTLAW ALL DISTRACTIONS IN CARS - YOUR KIDS AND SPOUSES ARE FIRST TO GO

From FUTURE SHOW, 2009 ON AIR JUDGE WYLD SHOW - Radio Talk
Excerpt from show prep notes. On air content may have been more or less. Not journalistic or debate notes.


Car Phones and Kids and Spouses Banned from Cars:

Using Cell phones in a moving car…. By a driver… is distracting… I know that. I do that, and it scares ME. I text’d for 4.5 hours on a trip…. From the time I left the residence where I started in another state, until I drove into my driveway at MY house… I was texting… ONE PERSON…. It wasn’t too bad… but on the city streets…it’s BAD. When I chat on the telephone, I use a headset.. really just small ear buds and the microphone is on the wire hanging just below my chin. So its all ok… But I want to know if we are serious about getting rid of distractions…



I have told people in my car to quit asking questions… I’m driving… they say..blah blah blah..what do you think? I say, I think I’m driving… yeah but what about..blah blah blah….. I only think I’m driving right now.



When I was raised, having 5 kids in the car was not distracting. My parents know how to raise kids. No problem in the car. But your kids are bouncing all around and have 4 gadgets they are messing with and music playing and whining and kicking and reaching and dropping… and then you give them food that they are complaining has not enough ketchup or something isn’t right on their burger or the fry falls and they are whining cuz they can’t reach it. GET RID OF KIDS IN CARS… Get rid of food in cars.



Are YOU serious about distractions or do you only not like it when OTHER DRIVERS are distracted??? OUTLAW what distracts THEM… but not what distracts YOU.



How about your spouse??? Have a nagging spouse? Arguing about where to stop for food or to the bathroom… spouse harassing you about things out of the blue… distracting…. OUTLAW spouses driving together.



If having a phone in the car is a violation, then having a kid or spouse in your car … or a sandwich wrapper or ketchup packet in the car… See how wrong that is… both.. the distraction is wrong but so is the selective enforcement…



I don’t EVER want to see a phone up to the side of your face in the car… I want a headset of some sort on your head…. That’s the least you can do. But don’t start banning cell phones in cars if YOU don’t want you kid banned from your car as well…

No comments: